*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/463027-How-today-shapes-up
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#463027 added October 19, 2006 at 11:59pm
Restrictions: None
How today shapes up
The shapes of the new leaf emoticons made me think of this title--not that it's very original. I sure like the leaves though. Someone else commented that she had liked them, as if they were available last year too. Were they? I wonder why the snowflakes stuck around the the leaves didn't in that case.

Had a good and full day today seeing patients, followed by an extra long team meeting. Getting those questions out (from the nether corners of my brain) and written down seems to have helped. I met another new patient; and when I asked her if she considered herself religious, she said, "A little bit." It turns out that she never has gone to church or been part of a crowd that did. She was in the drug crowd instead. She said she was spiritual as well, but it didn't appear she had much of an idea about what that meant. She's very sick and scared, scared that her kids will get into drugs. The youngest is a boy of twelve, the oldest a girl of twenty. I thought her husband was her son: that's how old she looks at fifty and how young he looks in comparison.

Considering her condition, I didn't go through all the questions, just enough to get a feel for where she is spiritually. When she said drugs, I did ask her if she was blaming herself and wanted to feel forgiven. She was quick to say no, and the moment passed without anybody's back up.

*Leaf1* *Leaf4* *Leaf3* *Leaf3* *Leaf4* *Leaf1*


On another entirely different note, have you ever had a magnet lose its stick? Its magnitivity? The door on the top of my chest of drawers has been faithfully clanking closed for more than a quarter of a century, and today---nothing! I know there's a line in the Bible," What if salt were to lose its saltiness?" I guess magnets can become demagnitized too, but I didn't know they just did it. One day click, the next--- !

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/463027-How-today-shapes-up