*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/462413-In-laws-and-jiggy-backs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1141791
Ummm...this is my blog. Yeah, that's it...my blog.
#462413 added October 17, 2006 at 2:47pm
Restrictions: None
In-laws and jiggy backs
Well, at the insistance of Chewie Kittie I guess I'll finally update. I know, I know...my loyal 3 (or is it 4??) readers will be so happy. So hang on to your hats!

Well, MIL and FIL are still in the moving process. Yes, the black mold is still there but FIL said he would fix it himself. Okay then, whatever dude. *Rolleyes* What really has him in a tissy is that the man who used to own this house is a contractor, so FIL thinks that everything should have been done correctly and with the most expensive materials out there. Whenever they come across another repair or upgrade he just stands there scratching his head looking very puzzled. I, of course, am giggling my ass off because this is the very thing that I knew they would run into. So this weekend hubby had to go over and help move some more furniture and whatnot. They've been moving for a couple of weeks now and just this Sunday made the most amazing discovery. Now I'm not sure if y'all are familiar with New England architecture. Most of the houses up here are 100+ years old and huge. I guess back in the day extended families lived together or they had servants or something because the layout of these houses is very odd and sometimes annoying. Anywho...along the way someone must have converted one of the upstairs rooms into a bathroom and laundry room. But they decided to put the washer in the bathroom and the dryer in the laundry part (just outside the bathroom door). MIL and FIL recently purchased a new washer and dryer so they wouldn't be needing the 1970's mustard yellow pair that lovingly came with the house. No big deal...just wheel the old washer out and wheel the new one in. But wait. What's that you say?? They put the washer in the room and then decided to frame the doorway?? And the doorway is only 2 feet wide??? And the washer is 1/2 full of water because it's broken and won't drain??? Gawd, the contractor's decision on this carpentry project really stumped FIL. Poor hubby had to help out with this problem which leads to...

Jiggy back. Somehow in all of the moving of the extremely heavy items he tweaked his back. I warned him that this would happen. I've asked him for 2 days now if he is going to see a chiropractor and he gives his usual, "I don't know." Whatever man, it's your back. In the meantime, FIL gave him some pain medication and it makes hubby super loopy. He knows it's not fixing the problem but I guess as long as he's not in pain he doesn't really care. He said he tried to go to a couple of places in the town where he works but they didn't accept walk-ins. Ummm...okay, so make an appointment then. *Rolleyes* Men.

© Copyright 2006 Texun4ever-cabin fever (UN: abrackett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Texun4ever-cabin fever has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/462413-In-laws-and-jiggy-backs