*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/459386-Dr-Jekyll-and-Mr-Foley
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#459386 added October 5, 2006 at 12:49pm
Restrictions: None
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Foley
9 Mashiyyat 163 B.E. - October 5, 2006

"Invalid Entry is the duality of the human being. Humans are duel natured creatures, beings with physical bodies and spiritual souls. Problems occur when an individual decides to satisfy the physical nature and ignore the soul. Sometimes this occurs because the individual doesn’t realize the souls exists, but many times it occurs because the person want instant gratification because of power or alcohol or some other factor.

Because we are dual natured creatures, we all have a dark side. The secret is to learn to overcome that side of our nature. I would say control here, but that isn’t really what a person does with the dark side of human nature. One over comes it and in overcoming the animal or lower self, the spirit or the higher nature is strengthened.

In order to overcome the lower self, human beings have to gain self-knowledge. In referring to why self-knowledge is important, Baha’u’llah says in the first Taraz (ornaments) “…man should know his own self and recognize that which leadeth unto loftiness or lowliness, glory or abasement, wealth or poverty.” (Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 34) Through learning about ourselves, discovering our weakness and attempting to overcome them we strength our spiritual nature. If an individual has problems that he or she cannot overcome with out help, then the person needs to get the necessary help.


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/459386-Dr-Jekyll-and-Mr-Foley