*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/458931-Sign-sign-everywhere-a-sign
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1141791
Ummm...this is my blog. Yeah, that's it...my blog.
#458931 added October 23, 2006 at 2:01pm
Restrictions: None
Sign, sign, everywhere a sign.
Wow, car maintenance sucks donkeys. Why can't cars come with a lifetime warranty like the Ginzu (sp???) knife. Nothing was going to destroy that thing short of running it over with a lawn mower and even then I'm not so sure.

I miss the good old days in Washington state when it was cheap to register your car and there was no inspection required. Even in Texas it seemed like the inspection wasn't that big a deal. The blinkers work, the horn works, the breaks work...good enough. But not here in Maine. Oh no. The thing is, I don't know if we are being scammed or not. That's the thing about not knowing jack about cars. You never know if they are making up shit to fix just to squeeze every last dime out of the deal.

And I think my favorite thing I see at auto repair shops are the signs in the customer waiting lounge. Not responsible for lost or stolen items left in vehicle Excuse me??? Not that I've ever had in problems with theft before, but basically it's an advertisement that their employees could be potential kleptos. I say that they are responsible. Are you telling me that if something goes missing from my car then it's my fault for leaving it there? I think not. Let's analyze the situation. My car has been in the work bay for 3 hours in front of no less than 1/2 dozen workers and someone just came in the garage and stole my shit and no one saw them do it??? Amazing!!! *Shock* I know...the chances of that happening are slim to none, but the fact that they post those stupid signs is just irritating.

Kind of like the whole We retain the right to refuse service to anyone. Okay, then I have the right to turn around and leave here and not let you make a dime off of me. How ya like that?? The thing that kills me is that signage is most often seen in the most seedy places in town. i.e. A nasty-how-did-they-ever-pass-health-inspection-every-barfly-known-to-mankind-cigarette-smoker-haven-sports-bar dive place where I used to work had one of those signs and any time I saw it I would just *Rolleyes*. Like we would refuse service to anybody. Sheesh.

© Copyright 2006 Texun4ever-cabin fever (UN: abrackett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Texun4ever-cabin fever has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/458931-Sign-sign-everywhere-a-sign