*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/457514-Can-Blogs-Change-the-World
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#457514 added September 26, 2006 at 11:58pm
Restrictions: None
Can Blogs Change the World?
I can bet they will. Maybe with lots of editing, but they will. Very soon. At least, eventually.

We cannot close our minds to blogs. After the invention of the internet, they are the most explosive bits of current information even if sometimes they bite. If not the actual news, they give information on who we are and how we act as human beings. They are our cyber melting pot and a prerequisite for any marketing effort in any smart business.

According to research, many internet surfers stop and read them. Their percentage is slightly higher than the voter percentage in the US. Now, I think, that is something.

Speaking for my self, I am addicted to travel blogs with photos. A strange thing, but I feel like I know these bloggers for they reach to me from the screen to grab me by the hand and take me along in their journeys. It is probably because I used to travel a lot and loved it, since I was younger then and could bear the rigors of out of country travel. Nowadays, we still travel but inside the USA, since the world has become such an unfriendly place.

Never before in the history of mankind, the public's voice through global conversation had become so loud. During the last election time, blogs created quite a sensation and probably they changed a mind or two. It is estimated that there are close to ten million blogs on the net and their numbers are increasing.

Blogs discuss all kinds of things: poetry, law, food, travel, politics, children, religion, you name it. No more can the companies keep anything like their practices and employee benefits secret from consumers. Mass media no more can swing anyone's opinion, since mass media has become masses' media. The advertisement agencies no more can fool people for they are facing extinction with the advent of buzzmarketing.

It is true that blogs are written haphazardly. They are subjective and filled with glaring errors. Sometimes, they are even nasty, dirty, disruptive, and unfair. Still, they are the people's voice, our voice, and the racket we make is mightier than thunder and more effective than any belief system.

The blogs are here to stay and there is hope for the world.






© Copyright 2006 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/457514-Can-Blogs-Change-the-World