*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/455901-The-Move
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#455901 added September 19, 2006 at 1:03pm
Restrictions: None
The Move
It is official...I have become an adult! No, I did not just turn 18, I am officially living on my very own for the first time! *Smile* Oh, and to top it off, I now own my first living room set! *Bigsmile* Must say I am still getting used to the living room set. I mean I like it and all, just weird for me to think it is actually mine...very grown up I must say! *Laugh*

Last Friday Mark and I both took the day off from work and each made two separate trips to our own apartments dropping off car loads of stuff. Then we made a joint trip to each apartment to drop off our T.V.'s, computers, plants and other things we didn't want to take the chance of being broken in the U-haul. We worked from 9am until 10:30pm...we were whipped!! *Yawn*

Saturday was the big day. We woke up at 6am to start getting ready. We needed to be showered and our final things packed by 7:45am so we could go pick up the truck. Luckily we got up early because to our surprise one of Mark's friends showed up at 7:20...he never even confirmed he would be helping, but we were thankful he was there.

The three of us head off to get the truck, which was an experience in itself. The U-haul worker went to get the truck and bring it to the door for us...his choice, not ours. We stood there watching him try to get out of the parking spot...he got himself stuck and ended up hitting a cement pole. Nice, eh?! *Laugh*

When we got back to the house my dad, brother and uncle were all there waiting for us. Shortly after that my friend Melissa showed up. My mom was at my apartment waiting for my furniture to be delivered and going through all my kitchen boxes I brought over the night before. The move went very smoothly, other than the fact that we ran out of room and Mark had to leave a few things at the house, which he picked up the next day. Oh, I had to pick up my patio table as well. We were fully unloaded by 1pm. How awesome is that?! *Smile*

Sunday Mark and I went to pick up the last few things and clean the house. It took 3 stinkin' hours! *Rolleyes* We left and went to have our last lunch together at my favorite fast food place...Taco Bell! *Smile* The rest of Sunday and most of Monday was spent unpacking and rearranging. At this point I am very set. I have nearly everything in its place...for now anyway. I do have little stuff to find a home for and a few tubs to go through, but they are in the garage so I can do that when I have time. The main thing I had to do was get the kitchen organized...having cluttered counters drives me nuts!! *Laugh*

I finally got cable and the internet installed yesterday. Let me tell you, watching channel 2, 4 or 7 gets old real fast!! *Smile* The bad thing is my cable installer was not a morning person and neglected to bring me a book for my cable & remote and neglected to call my modem in. So when I went to install the software to my computer to get the internet up and running I got an error and spent the next 20 minutes on the phone with the cable people. It wasn't too terrible, but I am not the most computer savy person, so the people on the other end had to explain more than they probably wanted too! *Bigsmile*

By this weekend I do plan to have everything in at least a temporary home and be able to thoroughly clean the apartment. YIPPEE...my first place!!

Oh, I also have now met 3 of my neighbors. 1st one was Mary. She lives to the right of me. She is a little older, lives alone and has a son in Germany for school. I met her because her guy friend parked his motorcycle in my garage and closed the door assuming it was Mary's. *Laugh* I was cracking up. He was very nice as well and even offered to help unload my car. The 2nd one is the guy that lives above me...we share a porch. I don't know his name, but we've said HI two or three times and my mom and brother shook hands with him, but didn't get his name either. On Sunday I caught him at the mail box getting his mail. He was standing there in a pair of jeans and no shirt. DAMN!!! He has a body out of a magazine!! *Delight* I think he may be in his early to mid 40's. I told my mom that there just might be some "Desperate Housewife" drama going on at this rate!! *Laugh* Never know, I just might have a need for a half naked, hot man late at night!! *Smirk* The 3rd person was a woman I met as I was walking back into my apartment. She is a couple apartments down on my left. She said her name, but I cannot remember it down...darn getting older! *Smile* She lives with her husband and children (not sure how many). She seemed very nice, bubbly and a little religious. Makes me feel a little better knowing I have at least a few nice people around me. OH, there is another guy I saw getting his mail on Friday. His dog ran over to me and my mom, but we didn't really get to introduce ourselves. He seemed around my age and very cute. Not sure which apartment he is in though.

The only other thing to do is take a visit to the local "toy" store! *Smile* I say this because people moving me kept asking which box was going to start vibrating. I told them I hadn't made that purchase just yet, but in the near future I would be! Now that it is just me there, why the heck not, right?! *Laugh*

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/455901-The-Move