*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/454763-Need-to-ventsorry-yall
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1141791
Ummm...this is my blog. Yeah, that's it...my blog.
#454763 added September 14, 2006 at 3:56pm
Restrictions: None
Need to vent...sorry y'all.
My on-going struggle with the in-laws seems be getting worse and worse. Sometimes it's so hard to image that my husband was ever conceived by these people. I swear they are the spawn of satan.

Anywho...

Well the house hunting has officially begun. Keep in mind that they have a specific price range in mind, but I think my favorite thing is that they constantly look at houses beyond that. MIL's ideal would be to buy some miniature Victorian and fix it up. And I don't mean just slapping up some tacky, reproduction wallpaper. She wants to whole enchilada. Stripping floors, replacing countertops, spending time and money they don't have. And let's not forget all of the physical labor and the fact that these two aren't exactly spring chickens. Who do you think would be doing all of the work? I'll give you two guesses, but you'll only need one. Oh yeah, did I mention that we don't even know if FIL will have to go to prison or not?? Yep, all that is still up in the air. There hasn't even been a trial yet. But let's waste all of the money that we make on the sale of our current house fixing up a dilapidated POS and then not have any money for the attorney fees or civil suits that will certainly be filed. Or better yet, buy a house that we really can't afford, but will at least be able to "keep up appearances." Man, these people are snobs.

Poor hubby is so sick of hearing everything. He and I had a long *Heart* to *Heart* the other night and basically I've been a bad wife. But from now on, I'm going to hold my tongue where his parents are concerned. He is stressed out about all of the BS and just can't take it anymore. He knows his parents are complete and total idiots; he doesn't need to be reminded by his wife. It was a good talk and I think we got some issues resolved. Time will tell.

I hate blogging about these morons; they're not even worth the time or entry space, but sometimes I just need to unload. I'm sure my own family gets tired of hearing about it. God knows they have their own in-law problems to deal with.

And on that note...

Mom, Chewie Kittie , and I are all saving each other from family obligations on Thanksgiving!! That's right, we get to spend it together without all of the horrible in-law drama. I swear this is going to be the happiest Thanksgiving I've had in a very long (and overdue) time. I hope they feel the same.

© Copyright 2006 Texun4ever-cabin fever (UN: abrackett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Texun4ever-cabin fever has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/454763-Need-to-ventsorry-yall