*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/454005-The-Countdown
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#454005 added September 11, 2006 at 8:12am
Restrictions: None
The Countdown
4 MORE DAYS!!!! *Bigsmile* Last Friday I made it official...I went and signed the lease for my new apartment and paid my security plus 1st month's rent. How exciting is that?! This Friday...a mere 4 days away...I get my keys. I'm so excited!!!

This past Saturday Mark went to his apartment complex to sign his lease and to do a walk-through on his apartment. Since our places have identical lay outs this was very exciting for me. His complex hadn't finished his apartment, which we both found odd, but what are you going to do? So as we walked through looking for damages I kept picturing where I was going to put what. I had a weird feeling come over me when I thought about it being my own home. Not necessarily a bad feeling, maybe it was just the reality starting to kick in.

So this weekend Mark and I spent a lot of time together knowing it was our last weekend together...well, in the house that is. Sunday was the best though. We've always designated Sunday evening as our movie night. We made sure to go early enough so we could rent two movies and to top it off, Mark made his cheese popcorn. YUMMY!! *Bigsmile* To most people this will sound gross...before I ate it I would have agreed...but it is so dang good! He takes Velveta cheese and melts it down with butter...nice and low fat *Smile*...and pours it over the popcorn. When he first told me about it all I could picture was shrunken popcorn kernals drenched in goopy cheese, but it isn't like that at all. Granted some of the popcorn shrinks a bit, but for the most part it is still fluffy! *Smile*

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/454005-The-Countdown