*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/453999-A-Day-to-Remember
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#453999 added September 11, 2006 at 7:55am
Restrictions: None
A Day to Remember
Every radio and T.V. station and even banners on different websites are all mentioning the tragedy that happened on this date 5 years ago. The thing is, as much as I do remember that day and do feel bad for all the people who lost their lives or those who lost loved ones, all I can think about today is 1 year ago on this very day I lost my grandpa.

I have been pretty good dealing with it for the most part. Yesterday my whole family got together and went to church with my grandma where the Priest dedicated the mass to my grandpa. That is when it hit me and it took all my will power to keep the tears from flowing. As the Priest mentioned my grandpa and our loss of him I tried turning my focus on my nephews.

We went to lunch after church and then some of the family went to the cemetary, which I was with Shelley and my nephews so we chose not to go. As I drove home from their house I kept thinking about my grandpa and that day. I truly amazes me it has been a full year. I can remember every detail of that morning as if it was just last week.

Although I miss him more than I could have ever imagined, I am happy knowing he is in a much better place without having to suffer any longer and knowing him, he has found a way to eat all the foods we stopped him from eating years ago! *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/453999-A-Day-to-Remember