*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/453057-Story-immersions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#453057 added September 6, 2006 at 10:36am
Restrictions: None
Story immersions.
Do you ever get tired of reality, needing only to disappear for a while?

That’s me today. I’m sick of what’s going on around me. It’s not that anything bad has happened; I’m just tired and grumpy of it all.

I want to write in my blog today, not because I have anything interesting to say, but out of habit, and the need to communicate something. The biggest reason, however, and I realize this is very selfish and even needy of me, I long for your comments. I always perk up when I see anything other than “No” next to “My Email.” It doesn’t matter what you say, I just like knowing you’ve stopped by.

Yet I also want to make your visit worth the trip, so I tried to think of a story.

You guessed it. Unless I want to plop in the novel I’m editing, my brain churns out nothing. Even digging through memories old and new didn’t garner my interest enough to share with you, even the funny ones. I just don’t have the gumption to write it down well enough to make you smile or laugh.

Ain’t that a shame?

So instead, I will spend my free time traipsing through your blogs, immersing myself in your lives and your stories, forgetting mine for a while, and rejuvenating me enough to tackle tomorrow’s reality, whatever it may hold.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/453057-Story-immersions