*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/452802-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#452802 added September 5, 2006 at 11:22am
Restrictions: None
Dont push it.
This is an excerpt of a thread on Farhana ’s forum "Invalid Item

Farhana began with a statement written by scherpenisse:

But God was okay with me. I accepted him as the creator, and that was good enough for me.

Do you now believe that Jesus is the Creator? Muslims are the only non-Christians who believe that Jesus (peace be upon him) brought the dead back to life (with God's permission). Do Christians really believe that Jesus is the creator, even though he prayed to the father and had a mother himself?


I responded with this:

Christians see God as the Trinity or "The Godhead Three." He comprises the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Yes, Jesus had an earthly mother, conceived by the Holy Spirit. Jesus, though part of God, by choice separated Himself from the Father to become human, later to submit himself to sacrifice for our sins so we may not know death and punishment for those sins.

In that sense, you could say Jesus is also the Creator, since He is an integral part of who God is.

When I and many other Christians think of and describe God, we think of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit all at once, not separate. Jesus rejoined the Godhead at His Resurrection.


Abu Eissa then jumped in:

Mark 16:19
“ So then after the Lord had spoken unot them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God”

The above clearly conveys that Jesus (Peace be upon him) was raised up to heaven BY God and thereafter was placed on the right hand side of God. The message is as clear as day that Jesus (Peace be upon him) is a separate entity from God.

Your statement that “Jesus rejoined the Godhead at His Resurrection” is in gross contradiction to the above verse of the Holy Bible which you follow.

God is ONE and ONLY. He is NOT one is three or three in one. He is unique and has not partners or equals. See what the Bible has to say about this ONE God:
Deuteronomy 6:4 – Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord.
Makachi 2:15 – Has not the One God made and sustained for us the spirit of life?
Isaiah 43: 10-11 – You may know and believe Me and understand that I am He. Before Me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after Me. I, I am the Lord, besides Me there is no Savior.
1 Timothy 2:5 – For there is one God and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

Do you know that you cannot prove Trinity from The Bible? The word Trinity itself does not appear anywhere in it.

Look how the Noble Quran addresses Christians on this issue –

“O, people of the Book, go not beyond the bounds in your religion, and say not as to God but the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only the Messenger of God, and His word He committed to Mary, and a Spirit from Him. So, believe in God and His Messengers and say not, “three”. Refrain; better is it for you. God is only one God. Glory be to Him that He should have a son.” (Quran 4:17)


I answered this way:

You make some great arguments, and you've encouraged me to do some research so I can better explain, if not to you, to myself the true relationship between God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Just to clarify on one thing, I never stated 'trinity' appeared in the Bible. I was merely trying to answer a specific question about what Christians believe. My apologies if I implied otherwise.

For if Christians are to worship but one God, why then do we worship Jesus? Would that then translate to polytheism?

God throughout the New Testament is referred to as the Father, Jesus our Lord. What is the difference, since the Old Testament refers to God as also our Lord?

I don't know the answer to these questions (at least not yet), but if anyone else knows, I'd appreciate your thoughts.


Some might think by Abu Eissa asking those questions (I’m ignoring the obvious arrogance and acidity of the post) and my subsequent response my faith in who Jesus is took a dive.

This is not the case. I asked the questions for myself mostly. Who is Jesus, and how does he relate to God the Father? In my heart I know the answer, but what exactly does the Bible say about it?

That’s my next assignment.

What bothers me is I hate not having the answers to people who use Scripture against others, especially when their goal is to ‘prove’ others’ ignorance and their righteousness.

This, however, can be a good thing. It causes me to not only ask those questions myself, but to seek out those answers. When we approach God with our questions, He gladly answers. The end result is not necessarily to go back and prove the rightness of my faith to those who seek to argue, but to understand better who God is.

It’s is a journey, not a destination, this seeking out God. I don’t know much, and I never will. That’s okay, because I rejoice in gaining even the smallest glimpse of Him, and I continue to look forward to seeing more as life goes on.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/452802-