*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/452571-Yikes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#452571 added September 4, 2006 at 10:53am
Restrictions: None
Yikes!
And I thought $400 was expensive for a round-trip ticket from Bismarck to Colorado Springs. HA!

For the two times I've been to the Christian Writer's Guild "Writing for the Soul" conference, I purchased my tickets about six months in advance. With February less than six months away now, I just called to make my reservations at the Broadmoor - at $145 a night for three nights. I expected that, though, and believe it or not, that's a deal. That is one incredible hotel, and well worth the money. I mean, how many hotels come into your room while your gone during the day, turn on the lights, pull down the sheets, place their fancy robes on the bed along with a few mints on the pillow and turn on the radio playing soft, soothing music?

Plus each room has a balcony with a wrought iron, glass top table and chairs overlooking either the view of the conifer carpeted mountains or the pond teaming with geese, ducks and the occasional deer. I didn't take advantage of it last year as everything was coated in 1/2" of snow. I still enjoyed the view from my toasty room, though.

Okay enough daydreaming about the hotel.

I always look forward to the conference, and not just because of the accomodations. I always learn so much about writing better, as well as focusing on why I write. It's a great opportunity for my relationship with God to grow stronger, especially since I'm surrounded by people longing for the same.

letgocling will also be going, and we decided to share a room for the first two nights. The third her hubby and daughter will be staying at the hotel, so they'll have their own room then. That will save us both quite a chunk of cash - which will end up paying for my plane ticket.

I just checked out both Travelocity and Expedia. One round-trip ticket for little me all by my lonesome, with taxes et al included, will cost an astonishing $519.70! Can you imagine what that ticket would have cost had I waited until, say, January?! The strange thing is, one of the planes only had two seats left. Who makes reservations so early on?

Oh, yeah, people like me *Bigsmile*.

It looks like I won't be buying any more toys for a while . . .

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/452571-Yikes