*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/452481-Finding-the-time-to-write
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1152330
AJRoald's rants, raves, and writings
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#452481 added September 3, 2006 at 11:08pm
Restrictions: None
Finding the time to write...
Or is it writers block?

I've yet to develop the discipline necessary to become a serious writer, this I already know. I have to learn to turn off the 'guilt' factor - you know, the one that says you can't sit down and write until the lawn is mowed, dinner is made, the kitchen is cleaned up, the laundry is done (and the list goes on and on).

Then there is the interuption factor. This has been partially taken care of when my daughter received her VERY OWN COMPUTER! This has increased the time the computer is available tremendously and also cut down on the number if interuptions. Now I just have to teach my husband the same trick.

Well, that is partially my fault. If I told him I was writing and asked him to leave me alone for a bit he would be more than happy to do so. So why haven't I done this? I don't have a clue!

So I have come to the conclusion that I sabotage my own writing time. But why? I love to write more than ANYTHING, I really do. I have several almost finished pieces, and I think they have potential, so why do I keep myself from finishing them? Is it a subconsious fear of something? Rejection? Letting the piece go?

Then there is fanfiction. Yes, I, a grown adult, write (and read) fanfiction. Harry Potter fanfiction none the less.

I have found this a very good avenue for me to hone my writing skills. Not only have I met some WONDERFUL people online via HP Fanfiction, the feedback I have gotten from this has improved my writing skills ten fold!

Perhaps it is the 'lack of ownership' of the characters and settings that makes it easier to share this facet of my writing.

Anyway, now that I have found writing.com, I do hope to be able to complete and share some original works and get feedback on these. Thanks again to my anonymous benefactor who has so kindly given me a three month upgraded subscription! I tend to enjoy it to it's fullest (and quite possibly continue it).

~ AJ







© Copyright 2006 AJRoald (UN: ajroald at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AJRoald has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/452481-Finding-the-time-to-write