*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/448013-Hopelessly-Lost-in-Cyberspace
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#448013 added August 14, 2006 at 8:50pm
Restrictions: None
Hopelessly Lost in Cyberspace
14 Kamal 163 B.E. - August 2006 A.D.

I'm sitting here staring at the screen and wondering what to write about. Fortunately I'm not wandering as I wonder otherwise I would be lost. It's not unusual for me to get lost, I have not sense of direction. The politically correct term for my lack of directional locations is directionally challenged. I get lost easily, I get lost so easily that I start out early when I go someplace new so I give myself time to get lost. Of course, when I do this then I don't get lost hopelessly lost.

Another thing that happen is I miss turns, but that isn't my fault. It's the city's or the county's fault because they don't make street signs big enough, for a person with normal eye sight to read much less someone with glasses. Of course, I have learn to compensate for this. I don't worry about the name of the street any more, I if the words on the sign look the right character length of the name of the street I want, then I turn, which may explain the wrong turns. I have found out one important thing about people living in Las Vegas, they are always happy to tell you where to go and give you directions on how to get there.

I do have a friend, she is called MapQuest. I say she, because the program has to be a woman. To begin with no man is going to give anyone that good of directions or should it be direction that well (actually neither one of those phases sounds good or well or whatever the word is supposed to be). I have taken directions from a number of people in my life, and I know only two men that actually give directions to a place that let you find it without getting lost and none of them are related to me either by blood or marriage. I don't get lost when a woman gives me directions, that why I say MapQuest has to be female.



© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/448013-Hopelessly-Lost-in-Cyberspace