*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/447756-Lazy-Sunday-afternoon
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#447756 added August 13, 2006 at 7:12pm
Restrictions: None
Lazy Sunday afternoon
Slept a little late this morning but still made it to church plenty early. I told the priest he had 3 sermons' worth of material, but it was a really good one. It didn't give me time to mentally drift off exploring the road the sermon started me down, and I wish I could have taken notes. I don't actually know what was so moving about it, will see if it actually takes root. Maybe will ask to read a copy so I can ponder it more.

I notice that I'm seeing more and more "I Am a Believer" sigs. Here's my question, or one of them: doesn't everybody believe in something that gets them through life? Let me put that a different way. If I asked you what you believe in, what would you answer? I've asked that question of lots of hospital patients, and I've never found one who said they didn't believe in anything.

I don't have time, or the right frame of mind at the moment, to get into that further. But I'll do it another time. I have a whole closetful of soapboxes about spirituality vs. religiosity.

In the meantime, I have to go diamond hair. (This is really Bill's joke. You know, like the bumper stickers that say, "I heart my car. I spade my cat. I club my ____???) If it's a joke that you really have to be there to get, then I'll be clearer. Have to go turn my hair red again. Bye.


© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/447756-Lazy-Sunday-afternoon