*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/446765-She-said-There-are-FAR-worse-things
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #988356
2 Aries butting heads...some much needed perspective
#446765 added August 9, 2006 at 3:17pm
Restrictions: None
She said: "There are FAR worse things...
Okay so we went to Rehoboth beach this weekend in Delaware. It was a very nice beach in terms of the water, which was lovely and it was a really calm atmosphere but it was anything but diverse. Dave and I spontaneously decided to drive down on Saturday and stay overnight. And yes, if I've said it before, I'm saying it again, I hate that fact that all trips to the beach (or the shore I should say) have to be planned because back in Cali I'd be there in a zip. But anyway I know I know I'm not in Cali so I should stop complaining.

So CLEARLY I was ecstatic to get some sun and it was hot - even right there near the water. We were of the few who didn't have big sun umbrellas and so we kept going in the water cooling off. I slathered sunblock all over my body but ALAS I forgot my face. So when we get back home I see how red my nose is and the rest of my face is darker but tinged with sunburn. So I slather aloe all over my face (which I do normally anyway). Let me remind you that I have never had any skin problems and I am not exagerrating. I can maybe count the number of pimples I've had in my lifetime that have lasted like a day.

So the next day I'm feeling a bit cautious since I forgot sunscreen on my face all weekend and after having already put on my makeup at the last minute I decide to put some sunscreen (which is a new brand I just bought) on my cheeks and just a touch on my forehead. I don't really like doing that over my make-up but I thought whatever. That night I saw my face reddening a bit and thought it was irritated. Anyway to make this long story unfortunately longer I woke up the next morning (yesterday) with red rash like bumps all over my cheeks and a few on my forehead. This morning the same thing - though I felt it was worse though it may be the same. Mind you, this is happening to a person with great skin that I have been ever so thankful for so too see my face like this brings serious tears to my eyes. I contemplated wearing a scarf over my face today - but ultimately decided that would attract more attention. Added to the fact that I'm naturally 5'11 and today I'm wearing 3 inch heels so I'm standing over 6 feet tall. That's a picture.

I couldn't get a dermatology appointment until TUESDAY and until then I'll be walking around looking like the before pictures on those Proactive commercials.

I have prominent cheeks (go look at my pics) so for a red rash to be all over my cheeks - oh the horror.

So I go to work today, and this is the second day where I'm extremely self-conscious. As seen above I can clearly be a bit dramatic and exaggerative (though seriously it is that bad) and so I tell a co-worker who I've gotten a bit close with that my face is a horror and I can't take this predicament. Her response: there are worse things get over it. Okay, so of course she is right, and there are worse things indeed. Me praying about this to God (which I may add, I have done so desperately) may seem extremely silly considering things happening around the world and right here in the U.S. And I did point out to her that this has never happened to me before and its all over my cheeks - which is essentially my whole face in my opinion, but though I can't stand to look at my face without grimacing she is right. So I just want to say that though I acknowledge that there are FAR worse things then the horrible rash that has made a home on my comfy cheeks, at the moment I'm tempted to include this in that category - I said tempted....

PRAY FOR ME!!!....clearly I need it

© Copyright 2006 posturechick (UN: folade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
posturechick has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/446765-She-said-There-are-FAR-worse-things