*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/446755-Write-a-Letter
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #988356
2 Aries butting heads...some much needed perspective
#446755 added August 9, 2006 at 12:58pm
Restrictions: None
Write a Letter
I think that writing letters is a lost art. I wrote Dave a group of letters when we were separated and I was in LA and he was in Philly. There is aomething about writing a letter that is therapeutic. You find that you can say more things written than verbally. I've decided that in my as of yet untouched journal I'm going to write a letter each day. Whatever seems relevant, I'll write about in a letter format.

I was listening to this sermon online at work and it was talking about encouragement and how just a note, or a quick line written down and sent to someone really makes a difference. I've often thought of writing different people just to say I'm thinking of them but I somehow never get around to it but I really need to take the time to do it. I'm always so focused on getting the right stationary (lol) that I forget that no matter what kind of paper I use what I write is what's important.

My sister just sent me some disks for my computer that she was letting me copy and she enclosed a short letter and it wasn't but a few lines but I thought it was so thoughtful. I think we all could do better to encourage people.

E-mail seems to have replaced letters but in my mind there's nothing more intimate and thoughtful than when you unexpectedly receive letter and knowing someone took the time to write it thinking of you.

© Copyright 2006 posturechick (UN: folade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
posturechick has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/446755-Write-a-Letter