*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/445953-Hell-Weeks-almost-over
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #986464
reacting to what breezes or gusts by me
#445953 added August 6, 2006 at 6:54am
Restrictions: None
Hell Week's almost over
At 11:30 tonight (Sunday), I will have gone 7 whole days, 7 twenty-four hour periods, the earth will have rotated on its axis seven complete times since I had a cigarette.

I forgot to pack the sunblock, but my sister had some, and we spent a little time in her backyard pool. Most of the time we were awake, we spent going through boxes of pictures, journals, greeting cards, letters and various memorabilia Mom had saved over the years. We found one of Mom's old letters to Dad she'd obviously written right after her birthday in 1960. It had four lipstick prints on the back of the last (fourth) page, and she'd written from top to bottom of the fronts and backs of four pages. Since we had so much stuff to go through I didn't read the whole thing, but just reading the first and last few sentences painted a mental picture of an excited young girl (26) very much in love. We have a whole stack of letters to read later on, dated between when they met in '59 to when they got married in '60. Some are from Dad to Mom, some from Mom to Dad, I'm looking forward to reading all of them.

We also found letters from certain people who kept up a correspondence throughout the decades. We have no idea who one of these women are, besides, of course, her name. There are still quite a few things to ask Dad about, so there's a bit of motivation to get everything sorted through. We now have a box labeled "Ask Dad." I guess after the sorting job is finished, we will start cataloguing.

I read somewhere that quitting smoking results in more physical energy. I can vouch for too much awareness of how much time it gives back to you. So, more time, more energy, more ability to get more things done, right? It's gonna be great.

J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


© Copyright 2006 HawaiianPeach (UN: hawiianpeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HawaiianPeach has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/445953-Hell-Weeks-almost-over