*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/445442-What-Was-That
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #988356
2 Aries butting heads...some much needed perspective
#445442 added August 3, 2006 at 10:42pm
Restrictions: None
What Was That?
At my job everyone whispers. I can't stand it. I just can't believe there could be so much to gossip about. I noticed this when I first started a few months ago. People would walk up to each and start these conversations in whispers. What they hell are you whispering for? If anything that says something about your character and that you must be gossiping and speaking ill of someone else because why the whisper.

People come up to me talking in whispers and I have no idea what they're saying. Now I'm the first to admit that many times my "inside" voice is guilty of being anything but so imagine me trying to lean in to hear an inaudible whisper. Usually I say in my normal voice "What? I can't hear you since you're whispering..." They're all taken aback. I mean this one guy was asking me about a meeting we had. Nothing special or worth whispering about. Are you so used to hiding your conversation or are you just trying to give the impression that what you're saying is so private?

I like to be up front. Another co-worker was saying something to me and I had asked her three times what she said (I hate doing that) so from her facial expressions I understood that she was trying to tell me something funny but I think I think I laughed a little too loudly cause she gave me a bit of funny look. Speak up!

My supervisor is ALWAYS whispering. We all sit in the same area, cubicles within feet of each other. There's five of us in that area and four of 3 of them have this little connection, always talking to each other, speaking in uninteligle whispers with the only understandable sounds being their loud laughter...yes clearly this is an atmosphere where one can trust there new co-workers and open up.

Good thing we can listen to music. I get so into my music, its almost like when I'm caught up in a good book. I tune everything out but my work and find myself singing along. Well not really but almost.

I'm on my second glass of wine right now, sort of light headed because I didn't really eat dinner (not my fault Dave came home got on the phone and well dinner never got made - another story) and once again I'm supposed to be doing some editing. I'm behind, at least by my count because eventhough we only need to do one kit a week I like to complete three. Um, yeah I'm still on one for the week.

I like the sound of another glass of wine...I'll be right back

© Copyright 2006 posturechick (UN: folade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
posturechick has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/445442-What-Was-That