*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/445017-2-days-11-hours-7-minutes-and-35-seconds
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #986464
reacting to what breezes or gusts by me
#445017 added August 2, 2006 at 11:05am
Restrictions: None
2 days, 11 hours, 7 minutes and 35 seconds
...the quitting website informs me. That's how long since my last cigarette, and that means I've added 8 hours to my life. I have to add, it's also added zest to my life, life to my life. I don't have anything especially special to do or see or be, but somehow I woke up excited about having this day.

Washed and vacuumed my car yesterday, and today I cleaned it out a little bit more. Yesterday's car cleaning was kind of a rush job, and in 108 degree F (28 degrees celsius, if I understand the conversion formula correctly) so the nooks and crannies still needed some work. I'm very excited about being able to remove the ashtray, and hoping they make cupholders to fit in that little slot. I've never had a cupholder in this car, and it's been very inconvenient.

Speaking of cups, I think I might try coffee again soon. I've given it up, in favor of other caffeinated beverages, while starting the quit, because of how afraid I am of how strongly I associate coffee and a cigarette. However, I think that might be needlessly depriving myself. I'll give it a try soon and find out.

I love the little gadget that lets me know how much money I've saved. Of course, it's not really net savings, since they don't figure in the cost of the patches. So, I haven't saved enough to buy my first pack of patches yet. But I will have before I use up that first pack of patches. That cost me 14.86, and by the end of the week, estimating conservatively, I'll have not spent 21.63 on cigarettes. So I'll really save 6.77 the first week. I plan on sticking with the whole 8 week program, so as not to allow myself any excuses to relapse (or the fewest possible excuses) so the first 8 weeks, not buying cigarettes will save me a grand total of 54.16. Again, being conservative, like a good little bible-belt dweller.

I think maybe we should put that 6.77 a week in a jar on the dresser. And the 9th week, we can put 21.63 in a jar on the dresser, and the tenth, and the eleventh, and the twelfth, and so on, and so on. So, there being 52 weeks in year, 52 minus 8 being (oh shoot, I closed the calculator) ah! 44! and 21.63 times 44 (now I really have to reopen that calculator) 951.72 plus the 54.16 from the first 8 weeks, makes a total of 1005.88. That's probably enough for one round trip plane fare to Europe. I'm looking for a jar today. Guess I better find a big one.

J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


© Copyright 2006 HawaiianPeach (UN: hawiianpeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HawaiianPeach has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/445017-2-days-11-hours-7-minutes-and-35-seconds