*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/444920-Random-Thoughts---nothing-new
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #988356
2 Aries butting heads...some much needed perspective
#444920 added August 1, 2006 at 10:45pm
Restrictions: None
Random Thoughts ( nothing new)
I'm so hot right now its hard to sit still and I'm not a restless person. The heat index was 105 degrees today and I think I got a tan from just looking out the window.

Dave just left to go to a party with friends. I'm here trying to make extra money doing some editing that I can't seem to focus on. My mind is jumping from one thought to the next.

I've decided to make this teleplay that I've been working on into a novel. This isn't the first time I thought of making it a novel but I've decided that I think it makes more sense this way - well not really makes more sense but it's easier for me to write all the details and observations that I'm feeling. I feel freer writing it as a novel. As a teleplay I was feeling really constricted. We'll see...

I was thinking today how I retreat sometimes from others. Its not on purpose but I can get so caught up in my thoughts and whatnot that I draw into myself. I see that here on this site. I mean for a while I was writing so regularly and reading my favorite other blogs and journals and commenting and suddenly I pulled away. If I read my favorites I don't always make myself known and my writing became sporadic. That seems to be a personal theme of mine. I mean I realize that I have friends spread out around the country but many of us catch up only month to month. A friend of mine called me twice this week. Have I called her back? Uh uh - nope...not that I haven't thought of calling or wanted to know how she was but for whatever reasoning (maybe laziness) I just haven't done so. My usual excuse to everyone is that I'm bad at returning phone calls.

I don't think I'll be getting much work done this evening which means that I'll be trying to cram in a lot of work this weekend - the elevator. You can pretty much usually here the elevator here in our building because its so old and one of the ones with the gate. Anyway its a four story building and I'm on the third. I almost always walk the stairs unless I have a ton of groceries and it really amazes me how many people use the elevator so often. I get a kick walking the stairs every time. I feel so in shape. Okay I'm corny - but I do! I congratulate myself every time. Hey these are the type of conversations I have in my head on a daily basis....call me crazy...

p.s. once again I was mean to a catalog phone operator (my frustration had good merit) it wasn't her fault but I calmed myself down (though the issue remains to be resolved and I'm saving the next conversation for another day) but I really can't complain when I get calls from agitated people although I must say that I'm a pretty damn friendly operator.

© Copyright 2006 posturechick (UN: folade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
posturechick has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/444920-Random-Thoughts---nothing-new