*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/444745-Grace
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#444745 added August 1, 2006 at 7:49am
Restrictions: None
Grace
In the past Mark and I have woken up at 5:30 a.m. so that we could do a 30 minute walk before we had to start getting ready for work. Lately I haven't been as eager to get up as the temperature was increasing each morning; however, he still got up.

After feeling the guilt of not going I actually made sure to get up this morning...the hottest, most humid day we've had ever...seriously!! As soon as we walked out the door I felt like I lost my breath and did not look forward to getting caught up with our pace. UGH, why does exercise have to use so much effort?! *Laugh*

We were about half way through our walk, which it was still somewhat dark out, and we were passing by this house that had stuff on the sidewalk from the tree in their yard. I'm not sure what it was, but they were the size of small apples, but more round and looked slightly fuzzy and pale green. As they were all over the place, it was a little dark and I was half awake my foot landed right on one of these round objects and there I went...down to the ground. Not sure what happens to my body as I start to trip, but it always goes in slow motion. I first went in the direction of Mark and thought I was catching my balance. Silly girl, that only happens to the lucky people. *Smile* I then leaned the other way and somehow slowly fell scraping the palm of my hand then my elbow and calf and finally landing on my ass...the part that should have hit first as it has the most padding! *Bigsmile*

Mark was shocked when he turned around after hearing the strange noise only to see me on the ground. Surprisingly he didn't laugh and asked if I was okay. I got up wiping the dirt and dignity from my backside and told him I should sue them! Of course I wouldn't, but it took my mind of the throbbing in my butt for a few minutes!! *Smile*


© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/444745-Grace