*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/444508-Hurtful-Comment
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#444508 added July 31, 2006 at 9:06am
Restrictions: None
Hurtful Comment
On Saturday Mark has his step-father, brother and nephew over for dinner. His step-father and I have always gotten along really well and he was very upset when Mark told him we were moving apart. He felt a little better when Mark reassured him we would still do family things together! *Smile*

While he was there we got into the conversation about me being single. He has the hardest time understanding why I am single and why I don't have men knocking down the door for me. Hmmm, if only I could live in that dreamland with him!! *Laugh*

That conversatin led to the topic of children. He said he doesn't see me having kids...I'm not the type. WHAT?! *Confused* I'm not the type...what is that supposed to mean? Then he started talking about his niece that is 42 and still hopes to get married and have children. He said the same thing about her...she isn't the type. He said it would completely change her lifestyle. Um, DUH!!! Kids are supposed to change your life, at least that is my view on it. I have always wanted kids and there is no way to tell if I would or wouldn't be a good mother, but I sure the heck would try my hardest to be one.

I know he didn't mean anything hurtful by it, but I have never had anyone tell me I'm not the type to have kids. Maybe he sees something in me that I'm not aware of????

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/444508-Hurtful-Comment