*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443056-A-Fistful-of-Sticky-Tabs
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #986464
reacting to what breezes or gusts by me
#443056 added July 25, 2006 at 12:26pm
Restrictions: None
A Fistful of Sticky Tabs
Just got finished going through the books I checked out to research a documented essay for my Mark Twain class, and taking out all the post-it tabs I used to mark passages that might have something to do with my research topic. That wraps up the last task associated with writing the paper, besides turning it in. I think I wrote a decent paper, although once again, I stayed up all night last night finishing it. Theoretically, I believe I should always start a paper at least three weeks before its due date. In actuality, that seldom happens, and I want to kick myself everytime I end up sitting in front of the computer all night long the night before a paper's due. I have two more semesters to change that behavior, and I know there's no getting away with it in graduate school. At least I had three pages written and all the work done for the works cited page (the most tedious part of writiing these things) early on this time, thanks to the professor's insistence that we turn in an introductory paragraph with a proposed bibliography, as well as a prospectus in which we narrowed those sources, a couple of weeks before the due date of the actual paper. All I had to do was copy and paste the sources I actually ended up using. YAY!

My hat goes off to anyone who writes book length literary criticism, even if it takes them decades to write such a book.

Tomorrow, I'm sleeping A LOT. Today, I'm downing another pot of coffee.

J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


© Copyright 2006 HawaiianPeach (UN: hawiianpeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HawaiianPeach has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443056-A-Fistful-of-Sticky-Tabs