*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/442761-The-results-are-in
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#442761 added July 24, 2006 at 8:19am
Restrictions: None
The results are in
On Friday morning I found out my results to the speed dating event. I met a total of 22 men, of which I had said YES to 5. Out of the 5 there were 3 I would consider dating and just thought the other 2 would be fun to be around in a friendly group atmosphere.

Out of the 5 only 3 said YES back; however, there are 8 others interested that I said NO too. They only provide you with the email addresses for those that were a match, meaning I only received 3 addresses.

Of the 3, 2 of them I'd consider dating and 1 was someone I thought would be fun to be around...the guy that teaches salsa dancing. I didn't want to seem too eager so I waited until late morning on Friday to send an email to any of them. *Bigsmile* I actually only sent an email to the one I was most interested in...Eric. He is the one I spoke with before the event began, during the event and after the event. Sadly, he has not yet replied. It was only Friday so I'm hoping he just hasn't had a chance to get to his computer...possible, right??!

I did get an email from the other two. Vince is the other guy I'd consider dating. I believe he is around my age, Asian, close to his family, and we laughed a lot, which is always a good thing in my book! *Smile* Marcel is the older guy. I am a little leary of replying to him. I don't foresee anything romantically happening between us, but after reading his email I'm not sure he is thinking the same way.

He mentioned how he watched me throughout the event talking with other people and commented on what a beautiful smile I have...his words, not mine! *Smile* Oh and how he cannot wait to meet with me again so we can start getting to know one another better. Now these are comments I'd like to hear from Eric, not Marcel. I don't want to be mean, but I a little confused on how to let him know my intentions. The more I think about it, the more I feel like I am back to the situation with my parents friend that was asking me out before. He too was a nice guy that would be fun to hang out with, but no romance...he didn't get that.

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/442761-The-results-are-in