*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/442077-Young-Minds
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#442077 added July 21, 2006 at 9:28am
Restrictions: None
Young Minds
This week we've had my three cousins, which are 13 and twins that are 11, stay with us. I took Monday and Thursday off to spend the day with them.

On Monday I took them to the Science Museum, which is a hands on facility so they had a lot of fun. Each of them has a science project they need to start working on so I figured this may help inspire them. No such luck, but they had fun, which in the end is most important, right?! *Smile* Then we had lunch at a place of their choice...Red Robin's...based on them having mac & cheese, which they were sadly disappointed with. They prefer the box stuff...can never go wrong with Kraft!! *Laugh* We were going to go visit my nephews, but my sister-in-law wanted to get some house cleaning done so we needed to waste time. So off to the arcade we went. I put in a $20 bill and received 100 tokens to split between them. They were so happy and thankful and one even made a comment that they never get that many. Made me feel good and a little sad at the same time.

During our time in the car between locations we got into some of the funniest conversations. One in particular was about puberty. The twins were getting a lot of hair on their legs and said it was because they are starting puberty. Then they were trying to get their sister to feel their mustache's coming in. I was laughing so hard, but only showed part of it. Keep in mind they are 11...the mustache they were referring to is little blonde peach fuzz that you can hardly see let alone feel. Then one of them pipes up and says they have one armpit hair. ONE!!! *Laugh* Lord, I have no idea how I stayed on the road during this conversation! I was laughing so hard!!

Thursday it was raining so our plans to go to the waterpark didn't work out so well. I gave them the option of going to an indoor pool/waterpark, going to Dave & Buster's, going to the mall or something of their choice. It was 2 against 1...boys wanted Dave & Buster's while Annie wanted the mall. So we compromised since they were near one another. While at the mall we had a blast hitting the girly accessory stores...even the boys were having fun in there. We each got a lip balm of a fun flavor...I got Dunkan Hines Brownie Mix, Annie got Siera Mist, which gave lemon gloss on one side and lime gloss on the other side, Jack got orange Mountain Dew, and Tom got Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

After shopping around for a bit we went to the Food Court. When were were nearly done eating Jack wanted to use the restroom. I walked with him to find it, which was just on the other side of the wall from where we were sitting, but down a hallway. When I got back Tom decided he needed to go as well. Annie and I sat finishing our food and within a few minutes Jack appeared. We asked were Tom was and he replied, "Oh, he hasn't been back yet?" We both said no and he went back to look for him. We waited and waited and waited. In the back of my head I was getting nervous thinking about all the stories you hear of people taking kids. Then Annie looks at me and says it has been a long time. Okay, then I was a little more nervous since she would know how long it typically takes them. So we cleaned up the food and walked to the hallway entrance...still no site of them. I noticed these two 15 year old looking boys walking by and asked if they were headed to the bathroom. I'm sure they thought I was a freak and it probably perked up parents ears that were nearby, but I didn't care. I asked if they'd check to see if there were twins in the bathroom. I followed to the door and they peaked their heads back out to say YES. PHEW!!! That was the biggest sigh of relief I ever had! I'm not sure how parents do it!! I think I'll be keeping my kids if/when I have them on a very short leash!!! *Smile*

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/442077-Young-Minds