*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440088-One-Step-Closer
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#440088 added July 12, 2006 at 2:51pm
Restrictions: None
One Step Closer
After doing a few drive-by's, internet searches, looking through the Sunday paper and actually stopping in to see a few apartments, Mark has nearly made a decision. YIPPEE!! *Smile*

Last Friday we had went to look at an apartment he saw online that had hours until 5pm. We arrived at 4:35pm only to find out the office was open; however, they closed the model at 4:30pm. Give me a break!! *Rolleyes* So he gathered as much information he could both written and verbal and we left.

Last night right after work he went back as they were supposed to be open until 7pm. When I got home from working my 2nd job I asked him how it went. He was actually smiling and got excited as he described the place to me. The final comment was the key...he said when he walked out of the bedroom and looked across the apartment he felt comfortable, like it was home.

Now he is waiting to hear back from them on the availability, which is the scary part. He said if they don't have one ready by late August or mid-September he will continue his search. UGH! Honestly, though, I can't say much as I haven't checked the availability of mine yet either.

I did tell him I am turning my application in on Friday and he was okay with it. I now have my letter from my employer verifying my monthly wage, as we do not receive pay stubs, and verifying my employment. Now I just have to pull out my 2005 1099 and pay stubs from Dick's and I am good to go!

I just hope it will all work out as easily as I imagined. The perfect scenario would be to turn everything in on Friday, be approved without issue by early next week, put my deposit down by mid to end of next week, and lastly to be told they will have a few apartments in the type I'm looking for available as early as mid-August. I say mid-August because they will hold an apartment for up to 30 days, which would work perfect! Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer...time is getting close quickly!!!

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440088-One-Step-Closer