*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/438890-Closer-to-movingI-think
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#438890 added July 7, 2006 at 9:15am
Restrictions: None
Closer to moving...I think
I feel a little panicked today. I had a conversation with Mark last night in regard to us moving out. Since the night he told me, last October, that he had intentions of moving to Chicago by July I have been preplanning my whole move. In March he told me he wouldn’t be moving until September and in my mind that was the final month for me…I’m not waiting until Christmas time and begging people to help me move in the snow!! Not to mention, once I know something is coming I just want it done and over with…I hate constantly thinking about it. Yes, I have one of those anal retentive type of minds when it comes to planning and organizing! *Smile*

Anyway, back to my point…sorry, I get side-tracked sometimes! *Pthb* I filled out my application for my apartment and was planning to go either today or early next week to turn it in. Oh, earlier, like a month or so ago, we had a talk about how and when to tell the land lord about us moving out. I was going to put a little note/letter in our rent payment, which is due on the 1st, but he decided that our land lord has been too good to us and deserved a phone call instead of a note. So I asked him before he left for Chicago if he was going to talk to the land lord over the weekend…he typically calls each month when he receives our checks. He said no, he’d wait until after the holiday. Last night I asked him if he had called him or was planning to in the near future. He said no, he wanted to wait until it got closer and we had more of a set date. I held back my urge to roll my eyes and get my hands moving while I started talking and in as calm a voice as I could I told him I was planning to turn in my application. He freaked out. He asked if I was planning to move by August 1st or something. WHAT?? *Confused* I told him no…I was still aiming for September like we discussed, but I want to make sure I am approved and I don’t have to start my search over again and to get put on their waiting list.

Seriously…I’ve NEVER done this before. I have no clue how easy or hard it will be to go through the application approval process or how readily available the apartments will be. It all makes me nervous. I even told him I am nervous about being approved because of my debt. He tried to reassure me,I guess, telling me that my debt shouldn’t be an issue with getting approved. Lord I hope not!! *Worry*

So finally after all this time he is actually going to look at a couple apartments today…so he say anyway! *Bigsmile* Is that a guy thing waiting until the last minute for everything or just a Mark thing?? *Confused*

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/438890-Closer-to-movingI-think