*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/438589-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#438589 added July 5, 2006 at 10:02pm
Restrictions: None
Ladies’ Night
12 Rahmat 163 B.E. – July 5, 2006 A.D.

On Thursday, August 3, 2006, my mother and I will read at the eighth annual Ladies Poetry Night. This year the event is at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf across from UNLV. My mother and I are among ten women who will read for ten minutes. My mother is eighty-five years old, she didn’t start writing poetry until she was eighty-one.

I’m not sure what I’m going to read but I need to pick the poems out and practice. I’ve got several new poems, so I’ll read mostly new poems. I think I’ll read only a couple of old poems. Begin with my signature peace, I have a signature poem, but I’m considering writing a new one. Most of the poems I’ll read will have something to do with women. I do have a performance piece I do with a hand puppet. The problem is I don’t know where the hand puppet is, I put it away and don’t remember where. Instead of the poem with the hand puppet, I’ll do the Harley poem. It’s called Remembrance of my First Love. I’ve got a Harley-Davidson cap I can wear with that, but the cap might not go with the dress I’m going to wear that night.

OK, I’ve got Remembrance of my First Love, write a new signature piece, and pick out the rest of the poems I’m going to read. Perhaps Necessary Sacrifices as the other older poem, I don’t know just yet.




© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/438589-