*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/433777-Only-Thursday-still
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#433777 added June 16, 2006 at 12:58am
Restrictions: None
Only Thursday still?
I guess it is Friday WDC time, but there's still another day of the work week to go. It's been a long week. Other than the grammar lesson, I haven't written a thing all week excepts letters to newbies inviting them to Creative Writing Forum. I've got the system down now and have been sending out about 30 or more a day. The only good part is I've gotten a couple of nice responses. On the other hand, I haven't had time to read and review, let alone write.

The phone interview went surprisingly well this morning, and the chaplain even asked if I'd be interested in the supervisory position which would pay more. The pay sounded good anyway, but I don't know what it would take to be able to live in Fullerton. Plus Bill isn't at a point where he'd want to move. Anyway, nice to feel like it could happen.

I had expected that call, because we had a time set up and everything. An hour afterwards I got another from a hospital in Louisiana also wanting to inteview me. That was a complete surprise.

And this is after thinking yesterday that maybe I'd get out my Office for Dummies and practice Word and editing for a real job that's available here. Something more about writing than death--it sounded good. It's a press that puts out magazines and newsletters for hospitals, and they're looking for a proofreader/editor. I haven't thought I could do it before, but maybe I could. In the meantime, I'm getting suggestions that I could have more hours at hospice too. Very confusing.

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/433777-Only-Thursday-still