*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/433599-My-Butt-is-Killing-Me
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #988356
2 Aries butting heads...some much needed perspective
#433599 added June 15, 2006 at 8:56am
Restrictions: None
My Butt is Killing Me!
Okay I am pissed! But I'm calming down as we speak! Let's just say Comcast is working my LAST nerve, but I'm trying to have patience. I don't even want to talk about it.

My butt is killing me! I was asked to play volleyball for my old job (yes, they want me for every team they have, including bowling *Smile*) so the game was to be played in the courtyard of my new job - so I'm right there. Now the game we're in isn't supposed to start until 7:00 p.m. Its now 5:00 and I have the bright idea of going home to Germantown and riding back into the city with Dave on the new bikes we got. Now remember I was right there. So I tell Dave to be ready when I get there.

I get home at about 5:50 (our team is supposed to me up at 6:45). Dave is NOT ready. Then I start playing with him and we're wrestling for at least 7 minutes. Then I get dressed and Dave finally gets dressed and finally we get water, snacks, pack backpacks, get the bikes and head outside. We then have to put air in the tires (this is our first ride on these bikes) and we're off at 6:30.

So I'm nervous but I've grown up riding bikes we can make it. Yeah...um okay. Long story short....Dave's brakes gave out on a hill, my chain came off and I couldn't be in any gear except the hard gear. We got there at 7:45 and they were breaking down the court at that point. I was sweating and breathing all hard, trying to act like this was my daily exercise routine. All the while my butt was KILLING me! So Dave and I stop at a friend's to refresh on water and rest a bit until like 8:30, we got back on the road and didn't get home until 10:30 p.m. My ass still hurts. We were both switching from butt cheek to butt cheek trying to find some padding. Those seats are not meant for normal ass.

Now there are a couple ways to get to Germantown from Center City. Usually there is this trail one can take, but let me tell you at about 9:30 that trail is pitch BLACK and someone (me!) being scared of the dark was NOT having it. So we had to take the hills and I mean literally hill after hill after hill through Manayunk before we reached a plateau. At the top Dave's handle bars came loose, so he could barely ride without swerving - he looked crazy!

Let's just say I'm really re-thinking that whole riding into work thing. I was so gung-ho, but even looking at a bike makes my butt hurt. That said I'm still thinking of riding in on Friday since I have summer hours (sweet!) and only work until noon. I'm not sure I'll make it.

I just got off the phone with Comcast and I officially hate them. Though I did calm down because this last guy was really nice and I started to picture myself being the person handling someone like me and I cringed. Forget what I said, I deserve if someone calls up and is an ass because I seem to have no problem being one.

© Copyright 2006 posturechick (UN: folade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
posturechick has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/433599-My-Butt-is-Killing-Me