*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/433403-The-Things-People-Say
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#433403 added June 14, 2006 at 10:45am
Restrictions: None
The Things People Say...
Last night when I got to work my old boss, who stepped down to be my equal so she could spend more time at home, was there. Her husband has been ill and is on dialysis and every now and then ends up staying in the hospital because he doesn't always take care of himself.

Anyway, I got there and we caught up for a few minutes. During this time she tells me that instead of going home she is going to the movies by herself. She said she cannot be around her husband so much because she is in need of "getting some," and with his health he can't really perform. She said if she is around him all the time then she is going to be led to stray or visit a "toy" before she looses her mind. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or sympathize. Mind you she is a very spiritual/religious person and prays about it because she would hate herself for straying, but as we all know...a woman has needs!! *Bigsmile* My reply to her was to invest in batteries and to look into buying a rabbit...I've had a few people tell me they work wonders! *Wink*

Hmmm, if things continue as they are for me, maybe I will have to invest in the rabbit as my house warming gift to myself!! *Laugh*

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/433403-The-Things-People-Say