*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/433011-A-little-evening-rant
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#433011 added June 12, 2006 at 9:11pm
Restrictions: None
A little evening rant
Haven't any interesting topics to expound on tonight. I've been fighting a battle with my old boss at the hospital by proxy. The priest and rector of my church left this morning for General Convention and will be gone for over a week. I asked him to call the hospital where I used to work to tell them I need to have access to the list of patients from our denomination to make calls on them. He wrote a nice letter, got an email back which he forwarded to me, and thought it was all taken care of.

It was not. The response said that I am free to visit parishioners who are patients whether or not he is in town or away. (Of course. That's nothing new.) Ex-boss
continued with the words "if they request her."

Now, what that means is that our church will not have access to the list of names of people from our church, and we won't know they are in the hospital unless they request that we are called or do it themselves.

No other church in town has that problem. This is a power play from the Chaplaincy Director who, for what ever reason, does not want me around. Her email to him was clear to me, but he didn't catch on to the subtleties and was sure everything was set before he left.

I called the CEO and left a message with his secretary. My guess is that he may not want to get involved either. But then he's a lame duck, leaving at the end of the month. Maybe he'll take a risk. We used to get along well, and never stopped as far as I know. He has had his own battles to fight and had distanced himself from a lot of staff in the past couple of years. We'll see.

In the meantime, I got a call from Fullerton, California. They want to set up a phone interview with me for Thursday morning.

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/433011-A-little-evening-rant