*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/432849-Glimpse-in-the-Future
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#432849 added June 12, 2006 at 8:24am
Restrictions: None
Glimpse in the Future
I was invited to my uncle's mother's 80th birthday party yesterday...it is my Uncle by marriage, so not my grandma! *Smile*

My whole family made it, except for my brother, sister-in-law and nephews. My brother had to work and I figured my sister-in-law didn't feel comfortable going without him or he told her it wasnt a big deal not going.

Anyway, there were a lot of people there, family and friends of the mother's that I had never met. To make things easier, my family congretated to the basement to give them room to visit with the mother. She is in relatively good health, but she doesn't walk the greatest so everyone came to visit where she was sitting.

Throughout my 2 hour visit I was listening to my one aunt's conversations. She is the aunt I have always been told I take after. By time I left I was truly scared this is how I would be as I got older. I blame part on her husband, but part is her fault as well. She has grown to be an unhappy, bitter person.

For example, the 1st Saturday of the month all three of my aunt's get together to go clean my grandma's house. For whatever reason they had not done it this month yet and my one aunt simply asked this aunt if the cleaning day had got moved to this weekend. She snipped back letting her know that she cleans each time she visits and that she had just gotten done doing the floors and the bathroom and didn't see the need to spend a whole Saturday there. My aunt was like, um, okay...she just wanted to make sure she didn't make any other plans if that was the day they were planning to go.

Then my other aunt is married to my uncle that is about 20 years older than her and he had a stroke a few years back, but is healthy for the most part, just sometimes has problems speaking. Their whole marriage she has catered to him in a sense, but it keeps them both happy. We were in line for food and my aunt was starting to make a plate for my uncle, nothing new, and my other aunt started picking on her for it. Telling her she should let my uncle starve a couple times then he'll learn to get it himself and other comments like that. How rude is that, especially in front of other people?!

I had to call my mom first thing this morning to remind her to get on me at the first sign I start acting like that. I cannot imagine looking down on my family for the things they do. I don't expect or even want everyone to act the way I do, nor would I put them beneath me because of it!! It is family, you are supposed to accept them for who they are, right?!

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/432849-Glimpse-in-the-Future