*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431431-3-minute-date
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#431431 added June 6, 2006 at 1:36pm
Restrictions: None
3 minute date
I have a friend that is recently divorced. She is 41 with a 12 year old son. The divorce was her idea, and after the initial shock of it all, she is doing relatively good, just feeling lonely and ready to start dating.

I am not sure where she heard about it, but she found a website called Fastdater.com, which after going to the site I now know it is advertised on the radio, tv and magazines.

For those of you unfamilar with it, it is an organization that puts together events where single men and single women of certain ages will meet one on one for 3 minutes at a time. You then decide if you are interested in that person or not by putting a yes or no on the sheet they give you. At the end of the night you give it to the people in charge and for any yes' they send you an email to get in contact with one another.

Well, she has talked me into trying this with her. I figure what the heck, it is only 3 minutes with each stranger, right?! *Smile* They say you average 20 to 30 people you'll meet at one event. Oh, it is kind of like that what you saw in that Will Smith movie...dang it, I can't recall the name of it. Where in the preview he tries teaching that chubby guy how to dance and he has a food allergy while on a date.

I'm just hoping I can overcome my shyness for those 3 minutes and that I don't ask the same question to every guy...oh and that every guy is not balding with his belly looking like he is due to give birth in the next month or two! *Smile* Okay, that probably sounded mean...sorry! I am not saying I am drop dead gorgeous, but I would like to get married one day with a husband that has hair which is grown naturally and not something he takes off to sleep each night! *Laugh*

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431431-3-minute-date