*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431423-Huh
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#431423 added June 6, 2006 at 1:05pm
Restrictions: None
Huh??
My friend that was convicted with her 2nd DUI and has been sober now for just under 5 months is trying to get involved with more volunteer work. I believe she has to complete 28 hours of community service by next February...something like that.

Anyway, she keeps letting me know when she finds something she is interested in doing...partly because she doesn't want to do it alone, but partly because she can't drive. Needless to say for the last few weeks I have been receiving plenty of emails from her. *Rolleyes*

We finally agreed on one that is for this Friday. This was planned two or so weeks ago. They are having an art festival and needed lots of volunteers. I had sent a couple emails to the people trying to get more details and finally spoke with someone today. We have been assigned from 5pm to 9pm to sell cd's. I send my friend an email letting her know the times and our duties. I also mentioned to her that I get off work early on Friday so if she was interested we could head down early to check out the festival before we have to work.

She replied telling me she forgot she has to make coffee for the AA meeting, which is at 4:30pm. WHAT?? She is the one bugging me to do this, she is the one that agreed to this date and time, which actually the time was originally 4pm, and she doesn't do anything but go to AA meetings. So how do you possibly forget you have something to do other than go to a meeting???? Not to mention, why can't someone else make coffee? How hard is it? Put a filter in the machine, add grounds and water and poof, you have coffee!! *Confused*

I am not the slightest bit happy about this, if you couldn't already tell, especially since I already gave the woman my word we'd be there. UGH!! I know I've said I do not like mean people, but I'm starting to think I don't like unreliable people either!! *Laugh*

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431423-Huh