*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431119-The-Letter
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#431119 added June 5, 2006 at 1:27pm
Restrictions: None
The Letter
Right before Memorial Weekend my brother passed along the address for our friend who is now in prison. I had been doing a lot of thinking and felt the need to share my thoughts with him.

In a prior entry I was debating how I should feel about this whole situation and I have made a decision. He is my friend and I support my friends, so he should be no different. Yes, he did do something against the law and is being punished for it, but as long as he learns from this and gets help if needed, I have no reason not to remain his friend.

In my letter to him I explained my mixed emotions, which partly were caused with my mind running all over the board trying to figure out exactly what happened since the details I was given were very few.

This Saturday I actually received a return letter from him. 6 pages front and back of handwritten words...wow, guess he had a lot to say!! *Smile* He thanked me for standing by him and apologized for not telling me more before. He did share some of the detail and although some of you that read this may wonder if he is lying to me or think I am crazy for still talking to him, I know without a doubt he is being honest...he has never been good at lying.

He admitted what he did was wrong and that although he spoke about it through email, he never had any intention of allowing it get to that point if/when they met. He thought about taking a lie detector test, but knew his nerves would get the better of him and the results may hurt him more than help him.

So now he is facing 2 years away from family and friends. He is able to earn a computer certificate for some program, which is good, but he said the thing he is missing already and will be missing most is his parents.

He also mentioned that he has been going through a lot of testing. One of the test were a psychological evaluation which involved 567 questions. The results were that he is completely normal with a little anxiety. So why he did what he did I do not know or know if I ever will know, but at least they are already working on the solution to helping him not do it again.

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431119-The-Letter