*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/430678-Saturday-June-3
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#430678 added June 3, 2006 at 5:41pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday June 3
18 Azamat 163 B.E. – June 2 – 3, 2006 A.D.

“This entry is going to be short or long, I am not sure at this point.” (Shadow cannot talk) That seems to be the way most of my entries go, they’re either long or short. I suspect this one may be long, but I wouldn’t guarantee or even promise that is the case. I hope its long, I’m supposed to write 8,000 words a day and this last week or so I’ve either went over or under. I’ve got all sorts of writing project to do, so what am I doing today, besides making this entry, I’m cleaning out my e-mail and unsubscribing to various newsletters and other miscellaneous e-junk.

I’m starting with my intermind e-mail box. I’m subscribed to a local weather bulletin called “Your Weather first on 3” today’s information is helpful. The National Weather Service issued An Excessive Heat Warning for Clark and Nye counties in Nevada. That’s nice to know, because it prevents me from getting out and stressing my body any more then the triple temperatures have already stressed it this week. June 1 and 2 I drove in the heat for a total of 5 or 6 hours, which explains why I haven’t felt real good. I have four forty-five air conditioning in my car, that is I roll down all four windows and drive 45 miles an hour. Obviously, I’m going to keep the weather bulletin.

Another newsletter I get, and am going to keep, is the Dr. Phil Newsletter. This comes once a week and tells the shows upcoming topics. The shows for June 5 – 9 are reruns. The nice thing about this newsletter is that it not only tells you the topics, but the original air dates of the shows. The topics for next week are Monday – Conception Deception, Tuesday – “I’m Gay, OK?” (I don’t think I’ve seen this one), Wednesday – Moms’ Biggest Mistakes (I haven’t seen this one either), Thursday – Deadly Eating (not sure whether I’ve seen this one), and Friday – Loving Dumb. Whether or not I look at the shows, I haven’t seen depends on how close I am to reaching 8,000 words that day.

I receive several newsletters, digests or bulletins with quotes in them. One of quote bulletins is a daily Baha’i Writing. Today’s quote is “...Fix your gaze upon Him Who is the Temple of God amongst men. He, in truth, hath offered up His life as a ransom for the redemption of the world. He, verily, is the All-Bountiful, the Gracious, the Most High.” (Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 315). I also receive a Thought-of-the-day digest. Today’s thought is “I think there is only one quality worse than hardness of heart, and that is softness of head." (Theodore Roosevelt) I’m not going to unsubscribe to any of the daily quote newsletters or bulletins. I like getting thoughts and quotes each day, they give me something to think about and generate ideas for poems.

I also receive a site-of-the-day bulletin, which I’m not unsubscribing, this send me an interesting site everyday. It’s a good way to receives research sites, today’s site is How Stuff Works, http://www.howstuffworks.com/, and the site does just what its name implies, explains how things work. I’ve still got to write a poem today, so I think I’ll post this and check out the poetry contests on writing.com, see what ideas for poems I can come across.


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/430678-Saturday-June-3