*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428050-Next-Relationship
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#428050 added May 24, 2006 at 1:43pm
Restrictions: None
Next Relationship
As most of you know, I have been single for sometime now. For the most part it hasn't been bad. I've been able to do a lot of things I may not have done if I were dating/married, but I won't deny there are times I truly miss having that certain someone...NO, not just for sex, but now that I'm thinking of it, that would be nice too!! *Smirk*

I arrived at church early this past Sunday and after getting situated I paid attention to all the people arriving. I noticed a high percentage were couples, younger and older. So as they looked for the right place to sit I watched how they interacted with one another, which led me to start thinking about what I truly want in my next relationship. This came in to play more when this really tall, nice looking stranger sat in the row in front of me.

Before the service begins they ask everyone to stand and say good morning to one another and to move from the ends to the middle of the rows so the late people would have a place to sit. The row I was in was 2 seats longer than the row in front of me, which I was sitting on the very end. Perfect spot for us shy people! *Smile* When it came time to stand the tall man turned to me, shook my hand and introduced himself as Bill. More people arrived and wanted to sit in his row so he finally moved to the last seat, but before sitting there he turned and asked if I would be able to see if he moved. I thought that was so nice to be so considerate like that. What can I say, it doesn't take much to impress me!! *Smile*

Okay, back to my thoughts on a relationship...sorry, I'm easily side tracked in case you haven't noticed!! *Laugh* I've decided not only do I want someone that I enjoy spending time with or that I have things in common with, but I want to be with someone that is truly happy with just the thought of being with me...whether it is sitting at church, laying on the couch, out in a group, whatever it may be...just happy spending time with me and not because he feels obligated or guilted into it, but because he truly wants to. Of course I don't want the crazy extreme where he would freak out if we are apart, because it is only healthy to spend time apart doing your own thing, but you know what I mean...I hope! *Smile*

Maybe this is just a sign that I have finally come to that point in my life I am ready for a new relationship. Although I still have my fears of trusting someone, I think I am ready to give it a try. So men, please feel free to come back out of the woodwork...your time to hide is over!!! *Laugh*

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428050-Next-Relationship