*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/426668-And-you-thought-I-was-weird-before
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#426668 added May 18, 2006 at 10:39am
Restrictions: None
And you thought I was weird before!
Remember how I stated Mondays are my favorite day of the week? Well, that weirdness doesn't end there . . .

I just realized some of you already know this, so my apologies for the repetition . . .

I'm a morning person. I adore mornings! My brain is the most lucid during that time of day, which is why I like to have my blog entries done before 11am. After that, my brain functions slow to a frightening level sometimes. How do I get anything done in the afternoon? Can't tell you.

Because I love mornings, having a difficult time even getting out of bed the last three weeks have been frustrating. I'm tired of being tired. I know it's because I'm working so hard. I've worked six days a week for the last three weeks, going in at 7am and not getting out until after 5:30, sometimes as late as 6:30. It's enough to wear a person down.

I have been wanting to tackle my stories, but instead of writing when I get home, I plop myself on the couch and zone out in front of the television.

Big mistake!

Nothing sucks out creative thinking better than the television. Did you know a person's metabolism is lower while watching TV then sleeping? No surprise there if you think about it. What happens is we shut ourselves down and become little imput machines, thinking little and just absorbing.

At least with sleep the brain functions. Even reading requires more energy than watching TV, because we have to use our imaginations to convert words to images, tastes, sounds and the like.

What I need to do when I get home is grab my notebook, sit outside to absorb the waning sun, listen to the birds, smell the blooming lilacs and let my brain control my hands as I write . . . whatever. I don't care at this point if I finish a story or write an article. I've even considered traipsing down to one of our little coffee shops and writing there.

Anything has to be better than becoming a useless lump of flesh on the couch while an electronic box does my thinking for me.

I am looking forward to this weekend . . . assuming I don't have to work another Saturday. Dave and I are planning a boating/camping trip on the Missouri River. I have found simply getting out of the house for two days can be just as rejeuvinating as a week's vacation.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/426668-And-you-thought-I-was-weird-before