*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/426468-Making-changes
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #1091464
A list of journal entries about me
#426468 added May 17, 2006 at 11:43am
Restrictions: None
Making changes
*Cry*


I had my very first therapy appointment the other day. I finally decided to go because of problems that occured in my recent relationship, but I think there is a lot more involved. It felt good to talk to someone who doesn't know me and can't judge me. I see alot of things in myself that I want to change. I want to know that it is ok to be alone. I know if I was in therapy when I was married things would have went in a different direction. I'm not saying that I would have stayed, I'm not really sure what I would have done, but I think I would have had more courage to be by myself instead of starting a new "bad" relationship. I think I would have been able to make more rational decisions. Well, I guess I did what I thought was right at the time, even though it was probably one of the most selfish things that I have ever done. I have a lot of guilt for leaving him like I did. Sometimes I think that this is my punishment. How could I expect to live a happy fulfilled life when I hurt someone like I did. I'm not saying my ex-husband was perfect, because he was far from it. I had a lot of anger towards him, I think that's how I justified leaving him.

Anyway, I left him because I was unhappy, and here I am again. My recent boyfriend says that I run from my problems, which is what made me really decide to go to therapy. I'm not sure if I ran from him, or if he just wasn't the person for me. He uses the "running" thing against me because he can. He knows that I ran to him a few years ago. He told me everything was going to be ok and I listened, but now it's not.*Frown*

*Smile*
So, I decided to help myself, because I want to be happy. I want to learn how to take care of myself. I want to learn that it's ok to be alone. I want to know that I'm worth more then I think or how I feel. I want to stop being so angry. I want to be ok....

© Copyright 2006 littlefish (UN: regional at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
littlefish has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/426468-Making-changes