*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/426460-From-Broad-to-Intricate-Strokes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#426460 added May 17, 2006 at 10:39am
Restrictions: None
From Broad to Intricate Strokes
Writing, as with any other art begins simply. We look at letters and words as a child sees paper and paint. We stare at it for a while, wondering how to use these new, strange, yet exciting tools. We then grab a brush, plunge it into a color and splatter that paint all over the paper. We don’t care at first its shape, but merely to see how the brush shapes the paint and how the paper absorbs it. Braver now, we try another color, then another, amazed and thrilled how the colors look next to each other and how they blend together. We practice more, and we find our strokes and choice of colors become more deliberate and intricate. We soon decide to paint something specific, something anyone can see and understand.

As I said in a previous entry my first attempts at writing took the form of lyrics. Some, like a child diving into painting for the first time, are more abstract in their meaning as I played with the words I knew to see how they fit and flowed together. As I wrote more, the more they took on a discernable shape.

You can find the better ones in
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1106899 by Not Available.


The last one "Invalid Entry I’m the most fond of. I wrote it on a whim because I was . . . well . . . restless during a youth conference meeting. I have the original still where after writing it, I showed it to my friend, Vicki. In large letters she wrote along the top, “This would make a great punk song!” I giggled the entire time I rewrote it and posted it here. I hope you find it just as entertaining!

I have many poems even more abstract than these songs, but I was too tired to write them all in last night. I’ll let you know as soon as I add them to my portfolio.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/426460-From-Broad-to-Intricate-Strokes