*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/425990-Pacific-Daylight-Time
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#425990 added May 15, 2006 at 1:15am
Restrictions: None
Pacific Daylight Time
One small rant for writerkind: the calendar that indicates what days a blog is posted (and which days one isn't) is not necessarily right! Here it is, May 14 at 10:05 or 2205 on the west coast, and this post will show up on the 15th. The calendar will look like I've missed another day of writing.
I'm innocent, I tell you innocent!

It was a nice day. There was still some snow up in the mountains where we went for dinner, and the 6 yr olds enjoyed it. Sophie had come up with some mental picture of crayola'd pointy mountains and was afraid to go for fear we'd fall off! Jack was impressed that the dirty old drifts actually went to the roofs of a few shaded cabins.

When we first moved to the northwest, my daughter Lenore was in second grade, her brother Hap in 5th. We came from Arizona, and snow was new to them, (unlike Jack and Sophie who see plenty of it in Spokane, just not in May.)

On the first big snowfall Lenore sat by the window watching and looking very disappointed. Picturing the snowflakes they had made at school, she thought the real ones were very tiny indeed. "You can't even tell if each one is different if they're this little," she complained.

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/425990-Pacific-Daylight-Time