*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/424817-The-trouble-with-exercise
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#424817 added May 9, 2006 at 11:07pm
Restrictions: None
The trouble with exercise
There are people who love exercise, who love the burn and the sweat, the exaltation and accomplishment. I am not one. I would like to be one, but contemplating it seems about like comtemplating walking to the horizon. There are probably people who not only walk there but jog there, and back, daily. Maybe their horizons aren't as far away as mine. Or, and I admit that this is more likely, they are disciplined.

Another big thing, they probably like walking. Doesn't everybody like to take a little walk through the woods, or down the beach or up the lane? No. I don't know why, but I don't. Maybe because I'm clumsy, and I have to watch my feet a lot to make sure I don't step in a gopher hole or trip on a sidewalk crack. That takes a lot of fun out of it. The scenery may change, but my feet look pretty much the same, day in and day out.

The trouble with exercise, as I started to say, is that I'm always so sore two days later. Not right away, while I can pay attention and stop, but much later, too late. And then I don't feel like exercising for another few days. Can anybody relate to that?

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/424817-The-trouble-with-exercise