*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/424804-Live-in-the-Moment
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #988356
2 Aries butting heads...some much needed perspective
#424804 added May 9, 2006 at 7:00pm
Restrictions: None
Live in the Moment
Live in the moment. The words seem so simple yet I find myself focusing on everything from how tomorrow will be -my first day on a new job; if all the mother's will be happy with the gift I sent them, what I'll make for dinner - and many times I forget to live in the moment. Actually lots of times.

I just finished Oprah's interview with Hugh Jackman in the June edition of O and the article brought such clarity! It made me think of my dancing. I've always been so restricted and ridiculously self-conscious which always ruins my dancing experiences (unless I've seriously been drinking) and I've never really lived in the moment any time I've been on the dance floor. Because of this I end up losing. I always envy everyone laughing and dancing and sweating (even those who can't dance and are out there) for whatever reason I tighten up and focus on who may be watching me.

The fact is dancing isn't the only moment I may have lost. There have been times when I'm on the train reading a great book and I've just read a passage that makes me want to laugh out loud and I end up giggling to myself not wanting to disturb anyone or look silly. But I've missed out. I LOVE to laugh and a really good laugh usually cleanses the soul and makes that moment in time that much more special.

My point is to honestly stop and smell the flowers. Really. I mean when is the last time you bent over and sniffed some flowers and inhaled the fragrant sometimes bitter tingly smell?


© Copyright 2006 posturechick (UN: folade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
posturechick has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/424804-Live-in-the-Moment