*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/424355-Chocolate-Truffles-and-Looking-up-to-Little-People
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#424355 added May 8, 2006 at 8:47am
Restrictions: None
Chocolate Truffles and Looking up to Little People
Thank you all for your kind thoughts yesterday. You made me feel much better!*Delight*

zwisis was right on about me attempting to read "The Pilgrim's Progress." 18 pages into it and my brain turned into that watery oatmeal. Not a pretty sight! I should have known, but I expected to "devour" this book as I would a bag of potato chips. But it's far to deep, and written hundreds of years ago, the writing takes some getting used to. So instead of eating a bag of chips, it was more like nibbling on a chocolate truffle. This is a very rich book that needs to be savored.

I am enjoying it so far.

Last night I watched a few episodes of the show "Little People, Big World," on TLC. Not normally interested in reality shows, I nonetheless gave this one a try.

I honestly anticipated it to be a show about how difficult life can be for dwarfs, and it to be replete with "Oh, poor us."

This is far from the case. The couple has four children, only one who is a dwarf. Their whole world, everything the parents do revolves around their children. That's neat to see.

Most refreshing is though they do have challenges, they don't complain about it. They find ways around all their difficulties, and more importantly, they do so joyfully.

Lessons I can carry with me in my own life, especially when a challenge or two comes along.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/424355-Chocolate-Truffles-and-Looking-up-to-Little-People