*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/423989-Metamorphosis
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #988356
2 Aries butting heads...some much needed perspective
#423989 added May 6, 2006 at 10:38pm
Restrictions: None
Metamorphosis
Change is a necessary part of life but not always easy. I interviewed for a great position within publishing (finally! -3 yrs after college) and they offered me the position which I accepted. Its a wonderful position where I will learn a lot and have the ability to grow and continue towards my goal of being an editor.

I make a bit less than I was previusly making. Now I've constantly said that I would take less money for a job that I was passionate about and loved to do -and the day has come and I must eat my words. I'm not really upset over it, I just know that sacrafices will need to be made and I'm prepared to do that. Really. Well sort of...I feel like such a hypocrite!

Then Dave came to me and told me that he was losing HIS job. Big shock! They LOVE Dave. He works as a therapist in the mental health industry, but being the nice guy that Dave is he tries to help someone (when he shouldn't of) and trusted the person without fully looking over everything and basically it cost him his position. The good news is that Dave is at peace with it. He's starting a really tough PHD program in 3 months and he feels that God is preparing him and it was time for him to leave that job anyway because he probably wouldn't have otherwise -since he was so comfortable.

I agree. Dave is way overqualified for that position and I always told him that he needed to move on. The fact is our lives are being shaken up a bit and really its a good thing but its still hard. I believe in God and I feel like I need to trust in him and stop trying to do everything on my own. This is also a way for Dave and I to grow closer and more united. My grandmother in Alabama was looking at my ring finger asking me about a date. We won't go THERE just yet but its on the horizon.

Ahhh. Sigh.

My college roommate sent me a text telling me how hard being an adult really is. I wrote back, the joke was on us. *Shock*...*Rolleyes*

© Copyright 2006 posturechick (UN: folade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
posturechick has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/423989-Metamorphosis