*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/423634-Gossip
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#423634 added May 5, 2006 at 8:03am
Restrictions: None
Gossip
Take makes my 3rd anniversary at my job and yesterday I was reminded just how happy I am to be in this small office. There are only 5 of us including my boss and there is absolutely NO gossip...I LOVE that!

I received a call from Mark at lunchtime yesterday. He was slightly annoyed at a conversation he just had with a co-worker. Before I tell you the conversation I need to give you a little history.

I started working at my last company January 2000 and Mark started there in February 2000; however, we didn't really start talking/hanging out until September 2000. When we started hanging out we also hung out with Heather. By the end of December, beginning of January 2001 Heather became psycho and our friendship with her ended. She would still talk to Mark at work, but dead silence with me. WHATEVER!

Skipping ahead, there was another person that I was friendly with, but Mark was better friends with named Loretta. She was nice and funny, but could be a BITCH at times as well. Last summer a friend of Mark's from work needed a place to stay for a week as she had to move out of her apartment, but was not leaving for her new job out of state for another week. Because he invited her to stay with us Loretta started being extremely rude to both of them and swearing at them AT WORK when others were around. FREAK!! Things called down after she moved; however, Mark is not as close with her...imagine that?!

One last piece of history. The entire time I worked at the same company with Mark...3 years...the rumors that went around the company were ridiculous. We were dating, we were getting married, and the best...I was pregnant. UGH, get a life people!!

Okay, back to the story. Mark had a meeting yesterday with a dozen or so people from work. As the meeting ended he got up to leave and Loretta and Heather were sitting there whispering and as he walked by them they said, "Wait. We have a question for you...sit down." He was a little confused, but sat down. Mind you there were still a good 6 to 8 people in the room at this time. They said, "We hear Michelle is moving out?!" He was furious and replied, "You have the nerve to ask me this during a meeting?!! We are BOTH moving out, not just Michelle. It is no secret." without taking the hint from his tone, they proceeded to continue with questions...where are you moving to?...are you moving to another apartment?...you should buy a house or condo...blah, blah, blah.

Seriously, I have been away from that company for 3 stinkin' years and they still feel the need to include me in their gossip! How crazy is that?!

I was very annoyed yesterday and tempted to send Loretta, whom I speak with on occassion, an email, but didn't. Today I am thinking a little more clearly and have decided that it is truly sad someone's life is so empty they feel the need to fullfill it with creating rumors about other people. Honestly, I never realized my life was that interesting to cause so many people to continue to talk about it...YEAH ME!!! *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2006 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/423634-Gossip