*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422918-Crazy-quilt
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#422918 added May 1, 2006 at 11:04pm
Restrictions: None
Crazy quilt
I have never quilted, and, as much as I admire it, probably never will. My favorites are always the crazy quilts, no particular pattern or repetition, fabric and ribbon and stitchery perhaps from old garments. They look like nostalgia samplers to me.

The agency I work for isn't very big. There are 5 administrative people, 7 nurses, 3 social workers and 3 chaplains. I'm new enough there that I'm not sure which people work full time and which, like me, only part time.

The nursing contingent leads the team. Hospice is a medical model of care foremost, at least here. A social worker may have started out with them in the beginning, but I know it was much later before they hired a chaplain. I'd been the volunteer one for a few years, along with my hospital job.

When I ar***well, look at that. I must have saved this before the cat got to it. I had been going to make up a crazy quilt of descriptions of the people I work with, but I've sort of lost the image now. Maybe later.

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422918-Crazy-quilt