*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422312-Alissa-Joy-Parsons-and-two-Gary-Lee-Smalls
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#422312 added April 28, 2006 at 7:57pm
Restrictions: None
Alissa Joy Parsons and two Gary Lee Smalls
SPRING: 1 Jamál (28 April)


*Heart* *Heart*          Eighth Day of Ridvan          *Heart* *Heart*


Weather where I am: 61º and moist.

Weather where Chris is in Neosho, MO: 57º and moister.

Alissa Joy

Christopher Parsons called me this morning to tell me that Miranda just had their daughter two days ago. Her name is Alissa Joy. She weighed 7 pounds 8 ounces and was 18 inches short. Chris is a small person, so what to expect! He has two sons: Tristan and Christopher. I told him he was getting old at 29 *Bigsmile*. He just had his own birthday (last week?).

Hope to talk to him again this weekend.

SENSED

Rivulets running to the river; snail in a crack attached to a leaf; emergency phone (red button on a yellow box attached to a blue pole); latté with banana; black bean burger; cheesecake.


At Aimée's Coffeehouse, Eileen Strong makes excellent black bean burgers. She's been working on the texture and moisture and seems to have gotten them just right. She and her husband Gary are celebrating their wedding anniversary in Kansas City this weekend.

This is where I hang:

http://www.aimeescoffeehouse.com/

Along with a black bean burger, I ordered a special latté from Auggie today. He's leaving for Bellevue, Washington next week. He does medieval fairs, has a great sense of the artistic, and is a talented barista. Today is his last day. As I type, he has 11 minutes to go. He will be missed.

So, if you are in Seattle some day and see a guy with chopsticks holding his bunned up long dark hair together, complete with facial piercings, speaking with a Kansas accent ... that be him. *Smile*

Now ... a poem that almost feels GOTH! What do you think? Sketched today:

On the death of love


It was in the mirror of her coal black eyes
that diamonds flashed. Cold orbs of night
and distant stars shared meager light,
no warmth. The depths were empty save for thoughts
that dashed small dots that coursed the veins,
that traveled spot to spot. She sought
those well known paths that led to diamonds.

It was in the mirror of her coal black eyes,
in the lifeless depths behind her eyes,
he dwelt encased in diamonds.
[163.81]

Two Gary Lee Smalls

This is a photo I took of Gary Lee Small and his namesake on June 1st, 2004. Little Gary is about an hour old and already holding his daddy's finger. The Smalls live in Tahlequah, Oklahoma.

One hour after birth, his son holds his finger

2,813 views? Someone must be reading this stuff! *Laugh*

Asking for reviews

These items have 8 or 9 reviews and I'd love to get 10 so I can figure out some stats and decide whther they need further editing. Please, though, do me a favor and ignore ratings by other people. I need your honest impression, thumbs up or down.

"Mission girl 13+: We are becoming a class stratified society. Not all of us are ab-fab. Sarcastic?
"Seventeen 13+: An anniversary poem for friends who married late in life.
"'heart's home' ASR: A prose poem lament in letter form to a friend from New York praising Oklahoma and Kansas.
"Koan on an October sky ASR: Based on the prompt: like an image tattooed on the sky.

They all are 'poetry', but quite different from each other in form. Thanks in advance.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/422312-Alissa-Joy-Parsons-and-two-Gary-Lee-Smalls